Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Impossible Card

Good morning, one and all.  Two things happened the other day...coincidence?  Who knows, but I am in love with a new card design.  First, I received cards from Lenora S. for my charities.  One design in particular was new to me and I was studying it to try to figure how she made it.  Then, lo and behold, a "just for you" popped up on my Pinterest board and there was this fold! It's called The Impossible Card since it looks so intricate.  But, if you go to You Tube, there are plenty of instructions on making this deceptively simple design.  One thing I noticed, though, was that for my charities that use our cards for writing home, there was precious little space to actually write on.  So, I simply mounted my design on heavy card base, and there it is - a new and fun card.  Either way, mounted or unmounted, this is such a fun card to make with so many possibilities!
Here is Lenora S.'s card that first intrigued me - isn't it absolutely adorable?:


Here are several I have made, mounted on card stock so that they can be used for writing home.  I think the idea of the fold is still visible:




(Notice that two of them are masculine?  The top one was a special request.  She didn't even want a saying, thus the blank banner.)

TIP OF THE DAY:  Here is a picture of one of the cards before mounting -

  Front

  Back

I used double sided paper which is why the back is so "pretty".  I'm thinking you could attach white or ivory papers on top of the back as layers and give space for writing.  That is one way to keep the fold pristine without having to mount it.  It gives a little more writing area that way, but for the military units overseas who use them to write back home on, I believe the card base mount is the way to go.  

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs, Jill



6 comments:

  1. Great cards! :) You are doing really well with your masculine cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! Some will be headed your way.

      Delete
  2. I have seen this on tube but just haven't gotten up the courage to try. Some awesome masculine cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me - SO easy. Make a template like they suggest, and then get creative. Hope my tip about increasing the writing surface helps! It's a ton of fun!

      Delete
  3. Wow you are amazing me with the masculine cards but now this awesome fold!!!! Still no time in my craft room but soon, I hope but so enjoying seeing your makes!!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet. Hope you get back to being creative soon. Want to see what you come up with. Hugs back.

    ReplyDelete