Saturday, November 18, 2017

Penny's Cards

Today I would like to share some of Penny W's cards.  She is a true artist who uses her talents to make the most interesting cards.  I know my photos will not do them justice - take my word for it, they are outstanding.

I am guessing at her techniques, but it appears she inked or painted a background and then drew the flower-like images on top of her colors.  It gives such a unique look to her card.


In this one, she definitely inked or painted her background, stamped her image and then did the zentangle technique.  Lots of work for a gorgeous card.


Here, she used stamps to create this look.  I love how Penny thinks outside the box and comes up with such fabulous creations.  These could easily be framed and enjoyed as art work.


 Last but certainly not least, I love Penny's collages.  This is a technique I love but have never quite mastered. I love her colors, her layering, everything about this card.  Such talent!

Thank you, Penny W. for allowing me to show off your creative cards.

And now for the TIP OF THE DAY:  It is amazing how much difference the weight of the cardstock used for the card base makes.  I use the 110 lb. paper from Michael's.  It is quite sturdy and the finished look and feel of the card is very professional.  Although it costs $14.99 per package, Michael's usually has a 50% coupon, sometimes even a 60% coupon.  I never buy the paper at full price.  ALWAYS use a coupon.  
SECOND TIP OF THE DAY:  Sign up for Michael's Rewards program.  You can do it as you check out and that is how I get so many 50% coupons.  About every 5-6 weeks, I also get 60% coupons.  It is free and well worth the 2 minutes it takes to sign up.  You're welcome!
Hugs, Jill




1 comment: