Thursday, June 28, 2018

Nurse Appreciation Cards

Hi, again.  One of the hospitals I donate cards to asked for 250 Nurse Appreciation Cards.  Now, I'm thinking regular Thank You cards will do, so I sent out an S.O.S. to my card making friends for help.  If I had a month, I could probably "whip out" 250 cards, but they want them a bit sooner than that.  Today's post will feature some of the cards I am making.  As my friends send in cards, I will update this post and include samples of what they create.  Since I am sure there are male nurses at this hospital, I am making some gender neutral cards.  I am also making multiples of each design, 5 for this request and the others to be distributed to my other charities.   Here goes:

I love rounding corners if there is a circular element on the card.



Thank you Kayte W. for the following stamps and dies....



and the inside.....

That's my stash so far.  Now to get back to work.

TIP OF THE DAY:  
Barbara R. contacted me after my last post to tell me she uses double sided tape on the back of her cardstock/paper before she cuts out her fancy dies.  It's the type of double sided tape that has paper on one side.  After she cuts out the design, she takes off the protective paper and the sticky tape stays on all those fragile, delicate parts for easy attaching.  What a great idea.  I love learning things from my friends.  Most probably all of you already knew this, but it was a new technique for me.  Garlene P. told me she uses a product called Stick It.  I have not heard of this, so I need to Google it.  But, she says if you use a bone folder to press it down, it works wonderfully well.  Thank you both for teaching this old dog new tricks.  If you have a different suggestion, please let us know. I love hearing from you.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs, 
Jill







3 comments:

  1. Love your cards!!! And some great ideas coming our way to boot!!! All new to me too!! Just got some cards done and mailed off to you today!!! Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you have to have the cards ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that black and white card with the "THANKS" diecut out. Very nice card, especially for a male nurse!

    ReplyDelete