Sunday, October 11, 2020

Helpful Tips

Oct. 11, 2020   Hello, one and all.  It's been such a long time since I have posted anything I almost forgot how to do it.  It didn't take me long to remember which buttons to push so here goes. I am posting some awesome tips today, inspired by a favorite donor of mine, Kate D.  Her cards are always just perfect but what I have noticed is that her dimensional tape is not too thick.  I finally asked her what she used and her answer - foam sheets from the Dollar Tree!  




Look at all of these wonderful sheets of thin foam to be cut and used as thin backing for your images!  Color really doesn't matter since it will be used behind the image, but I still like all the cheerful colors.  Now, for those of you who own a Scan and Cut, here is what I learned to do today.  I cut my images out using the .04 border setting, then changed the setting back to 0 to cut out foam outlines.  They make perfect dimensional backings.  I use liquid glue to adhere them to the image.  I think Kate uses tape.



It is probably hard to see the dimension on this card, but believe me, it is the perfect thickness to give a bit of height without being intrusive or too thick.


Another Dollar Tree item Kate recommends is their actual dimensional tape.  I bought some because they had it, but as I do not need it right now, I haven't actually tried it.  However, if it is good enough for Kate, then it is good enough for me!  If you are making a trip to the Dollar Tree, you might as pick up some - 3 rolls for $1.  Beat that, if you can.


That's all I have for now.  I hope everyone is staying healthy and sane.
Thanks for dropping by.  Air hugs,  Jill


4 comments:

  1. Hello, Jill, air hugs backatcha! Great to be hearing from you - don't stop! I am Pinning this, thanks for the reminder. I have a stack or 2 of foam sheets and they are great for mailing cards with the little bit of squishiness for the post office's machines. Have a great day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Aimeslee - Thanks for this mailing idea. And thanks for pinning this idea to Pinterest. We need to thank Kate D. for passing this info on to me in the first place. She is an awesome card maker and I value her suggestions and ideas. Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Jill! I can attest to all things Dollar Tree! Their double sided tape is fabulous, as are the tiny foam squares and the rolls...but PASS on the liquid adhesive (it's too runny). And the square rubber adhesive erasure is the same as the primo ones on all the crafty websites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kate! I have to thank YOU for telling me about these products. They are a great buy, if the store isn't sold out. You are an amazing artist and I love getting your cards and suggestions. Stay safe! Jill

      Delete