Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Snow Day in Houston, 2018

I realize the rest of the country is laughing at us today - we had a flurry of a dozen snowflakes today and our city is shut down.  Schools and freeways are closed and everyone is being encouraged to stay home unless it is an absolute emergency.  Yes, the streets are icy and temps are in the teens, but still.....  Anyway, I took this great opportunity to make cards.  Most of my charities do not want actual Valentine Day cards - they would rather have general Love cards so that they can be used all year long.  I made a few of each.  Enjoy.

This one always makes me smile.  I imagine young boys will get a kick out of it as well:


And who wouldn't want a big 'ol hug from this fellow:


This reminds me of a song I used to sing to my kids when they were little:


Here is a new type of fold I just played with for the first time.  It's called a "U" card.  Once I figured out the technique and dimensions, it wasn't too hard, just time consuming:



And the one that actually says "Happy Valentine's Day":


And that's it for today.  Weathermen are predicting  more bad weather for tomorrow, so I guess I'll be crafting more cards.  Not a bad way to spend a dreary day.  Hugs, Jill



4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog again! :) I got something new on my computer and you were lost:( I hope you have sunshine and warmer weather soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you found me again! We are thawing out a bit today, but expecting more deep freezing weather again tonight! But, on Sat., we will be back up to the 70's. Knowing how to dress down this way is a real challenge! Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jill:
    When you are not used to cold icy snowy weather it is a real challenge. Hope it is better. We had an icy morning here. Love your cards! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anne. We are becoming way too familiar with cold weather down here and not liking it much. :-} Thanks for stopping by - I likewise enjoy visiting your blog. Here's to warmer weather for everyone sooner rather than later! Hugs.

      Delete