Monday, April 13, 2020

SOMETHING OTHER THAN CARDS

Hi, everyone.  We are still in the middle of this pandemic and I am busy making masks for any and every one who might need a mask.  My daughter, Erica, inspired me.  She lives in Austin and when all this started, immediately reached out to her friends asking who needed a mask.  She made so many masks and freely shared them with people who needed them.  Of course she made one for me and hubby.  Here is mine (which actually says an awful lot about me...)


Now, I haven't sewn in forever long and only had a few scraps of material.  But, I started asking around and sure enough, I know a lot of people who wanted masks.  Unfortunately, I ran out of material and elastic right away.  Here is where so many angels came into my life. 

 I started getting donations of material and elastic from all over the place - friends, friends of friends, strangers.  It was so thrilling to see people helping people. Some of my card friends ordered items on-line and had them sent directly to me!  Others, sent postage stamps so I could mail the masks all over the country!  And still others sent money to help with whatever I needed to keep the masks coming.  I am overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of people I have and have not met.  I am still making masks and will do so until I run out of supplies or this mess comes to an end.  If you want a mask, or two, please contact me.  I do not have to go to the post office.  I can just mail from the mail box at the end of the street!  Here are a few of the masks I have made so far:




Again, 
Again, if you need masks, please contact me - justjill48@gmail.  I may be out of some of these fabrics, but I have more.  If you leave a request in the comment section, I might not see it.  Please email

TIP OF THE DAY:  
If you are following the Red White Blue card count and/or want to see examples of the cards sent in, just go back one blog post.  I'm still updating it.  There are some really amazing cards to inspire you!
Thanks for stopping by today! 
Hugs, Jill

2 comments:

  1. You and your daughter are angels, your mother would have been very proud of you both! :) I'm so happy to hear that you have found a tribe of angels to help you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful comment, Janet. It really touched me. So sorry it is taking so long for your masks to arrive. Stay safe! Air hugs.

      Delete